Hamilton Volkswagen Audi Accessibility Customer Service Policy
Hamilton Volkswagen Audi is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that all of our customers with disabilities receive accessible goods and services with the utmost of quality and timeliness.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will ensure our staff are trained to communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Due to the disclosure of private personal information we will require the consent of our client to discuss their business dealings with their support person present. Fees will not be charged for support persons to Hamilton Volkswagen Audi premises.
Temporary Disruption of Services
We will notify customers of any temporary disruption in the facilities or services through a notice on our website, as well as on our premises. This notice will be placed at all public entrances as well as our reception desks. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training of Staff
Hamilton Volkswagen Audi will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. Training will be provided to staff within the new employee orientation and within 30 days of their start date.
Training will include the following:
- · An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- · Hamilton Volkswagen Audi’s policies and practices relating to the customer service standard.
- · How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- · How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- · What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Hamilton Volkswagen Audi’s goods and services.
- · Staff will be trained when revisions or changes to the policy or practices are made.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Hamilton Volkswagen Audi provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact us via telephone, in person, email or mail. All feedback will be directed to the Marketing Manager and customers can expect feedback with 3 business days. We appreciated feedback on customer service and welcome comments and concerns.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Hamilton Volkswagen Audi that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.